From Factory Reset
PlayStation 3 Recovery Menu
- Turn off Playstation 3.
- Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
- Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
- When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
- You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
- The Recovery menu will pop up.
- Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.
- Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.
- Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (This will take some time!!)
Reset PlayStation 3 Video Output
- Turn off the power to your PS3
- Turn it back on again
- Whilst turning it on hold down the power button until you see something on the screen.
This will completely reset the video output of your PlayStation 3 to the factory default output, once done you can then go into the PlayStation 3's video settings and configure them to your liking.