Amazon Kindle 3 Factory Reset Instructions
You can work out which Kindle you have by looking at first part of the serial number and the list below:
B001 = Kindle 1
B002 = Kindle 2 U.S. (Sprint)
B004 = Kindle DX U.S.
B005 = Kindle DX International
B006 = Kindle 3 3G + WiFi Graphite/White (U.S. and Canada)
B008 = Kindle 3 WiFi
B009 = Kindle DX Graphite
B00A = Kindle 3 3G + WiFi Graphite (Europe)
Soft Reset The Amazon Kindle 3
Slide the kindle power button to the right and hold it for 15 seconds. Release it when the screen turns white.
Alternative Reset The Amazon Kindle 3
- Slide the power button and hold it for 30 sec.
- Release and wait for 20 sec until the screen begins to flash.
- As soon as it does, plug in the power and keep the kindle connected for 2 hours.
Return the Amazon Kindle 3 to Factory Defaults
- From the Kindle Home screen, press Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Press Menu.
- Select Reset to Factory Defaults.
Remove the password, and return the Amazon Kindle 3 to Factory Defaults
- Enter "resetmykindle" into the password field.
- Press Enter.