From Factory Reset
Soft Reset iPod With Touch Screen (iPod Touch, iPhone)
- Press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for 10 seconds.
Soft Reset the iPod With Buttons (iPod Nano, iPod Video, iPod Photo)
- Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
- Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
Fix iPod Touch Home Button Problems
If the home button is no longer as responsive as it used to be, then sometimes a quick home button recalibration can fix this issue:
- Open a stock app, like Weather or Stocks.
- Press and hold your power button until “slide to power off” appears and release.
- Press and hold your Home button until the “slide to power off” goes away, and the app force quits. Your Home button should now be more responsive, because it has been recalibrated.