Soft Reset iPhone
- Press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for 10 seconds.
Fix iPhone Home Button Problems
If the home button is no longer as responsive as it used to be, then sometimes a quick home button recalibration can fix this issue:
- Open a stock app, like Weather or Stocks.
- Press and hold your power button until “slide to power off” appears and release.
- Press and hold your Home button until the “slide to power off” goes away, and the app force quits. Your Home button should now be more responsive, because it has been recalibrated.
- Plug your device into your computer.
- Turn off the device.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
- Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
- Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
- Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode