From Factory Reset
Hard Reset the Blackberry
- Remove the battery cover from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Remove the battery, and then reinsert it after a few seconds.
- Replace the battery cover.
Soft Reset the Blackberry
- Press and hold the Alt key on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- While holding down the Alt key, press and hold the Right Shift key.
- With both of those buttons still pressed, press the Backspace/Delete key. The display on the BlackBerry smartphone turns off to indicate that the reset has started, and the keys can now be released.